Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Art Cloth.........Resist Technique


I am a member of an
Art Cloth Round Robin
Group

We are in the 4th and final round of the exchange

I thought you might enjoy
watching the progress of one of the art cloths


Click Images to Enlarge:


This is Kathi's Art Cloth
Round 1
Sun printing





Again this is Kathi's Art Cloth
Round 2
Virginia has over-painted and sun printed the cloth





Still Kathi's Art Cloth
Round 3
Nancy has stamped it with textile paint



I received Kathi's art cloth for the 4th Round:


Kathi's Art Cloth
Round 4

I consider Round 4 like frosting the cake...

Everyone else has come before me to gather the ingredients,
mix them up, bake them and prepare them for frosting.





I decided to go for a layered look...





This is the fourth and FINAL round...
so I don't need to leave room for anyone else.

So I covered the cloth with texture Kathi will love.





I decided to use " Resist " as my technique
for this surface design...





I used sequin waste, rug gripper, plastic mesh
and dry wall tape.
I placed these objects on the fabric, then sponged textile paint over them.
The objects created a resist,
so when I removed them, I was left with the patterns and textures.

When I revealed the cloth to Kathi she said,
"That looks like a Rayna Gilman."




The Flowering Cherry Trees
in the front yard remind me of popcorn...
They started popping out tiny white blossoms last week.


CLICK HERE to view all of the Art Cloths

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Art Cloth 2010 Slide Show

CLICK HERE to view Jello Printing

CLICK HERE to view Mixed Media


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

1 comment: