Sunday, April 17, 2011

Neocolor II Portrait........Double Take

It is 3:30 and I have time to get started on one more
Portrait Quilt...


Click Images to Enlarge:



We were herding cattle last year.
Moving cow and calf pairs to new pasture.

I came around the corner of the barn and these two turned their heads in unison to look at me.
I was so glad I had my camera in my hands.





At this point the calf has been quilted.
I also quilted the gray, dormant blackberry vines.





Mama Cow is also quilted.
She hates the camera, so I was overjoyed she stood still long enough for the shutter to go off.





I quilted leaves in the green background to give it a bit of texture.



My favorite guy came into the Thread Shed
while I was finishing up this portrait...


He looked at this image and said...

" Double Take "
13 x 19 inches
Neocolor II Portrait Quilt





These are the most recent portraits I have completed.
I will bring them with me to:

Philomath, Oregon
June 18, 2011

CLICK HERE to watch me work on Double Take

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Neocolor II Portrait Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view Cord Bound Edge Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view Learning to Fly

CLICK HERE to view Full Curl

CLICK HERE to view my Slideshows


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

4 comments:

  1. I just viewed your cattle drive in the snow. Awesome. We raise registered Angus cattle in IL. I just love the "Double Take" quilt. I have wanted to do a cow quilt for my husband for a long time but I don't know how to accomplish it with black cattle. They all look the same. lol. Any suggestions?
    Debi in IL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just viewed your cattle drive in the snow. Awesome. We raise registered Angus cattle in IL. I just love the "Double Take" quilt. I have wanted to do a cow quilt for my husband for a long time but I don't know how to accomplish it with black cattle. They all look the same. lol. Any suggestions?
    Debi in IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cow and calf quilt is just wonderful. When I was on the farm as a kid, new calves were among my very favorite creatures. They smelled so good, and their coats were soft and amazing. You did a wonderful job capturing their personalities.

    ReplyDelete