Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sketch Book....Feathers



Feathers have been on my mind a lot lately...



I have been stitching them into quilts...






Drawing them out in the sketch book...






I challenge myself to draw them out

in different ways...






Each feather has its own personality!






Piggy Back Feathers are a favorite




It rained here in Western Oregon today:


Nothing prettier than rain drops on an iris leaf...


















Cows and Calves






3 month old Calf



CLICK HERE to view my online Sketch Book



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

3 comments:

  1. Hey LuAnn,

    Thank you so much for sharing your feathers with us!!! Every single one is beautiful.

    How do you get back to the spine after the piggy back set? (I', thinking the "second" series).

    Thanks again.

    Maggie in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,

    After you have completed the piggy back plumes, stitch back down the middle until you reach the main spine of the feather.

    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dagmar,
    Determination and practice make for beautiful machine quilting. Keep at it!
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete