Saturday, April 2, 2011

Neocolor II Portrait.......Dorset Sheep


Last summer we spent a day at the
Oregon State Fair

One of our friends was exhibiting this gorgeous
Dorset Ram (sheep)



In the sheep industry his horns are known as a
Full Curl



I couldn't resist playing around with this image in
Photo Shop Elements 4:


Here is the ram printed out on 13 x 19 fabric




Now the fun begins...


At this point he is all colored in with
Neocolor II Water soluble Crayons



Now it is time to paint:


The right horn is painted...
Yes, these crayons have that much pigment in them.





Both horns are painted...





His body and the hay are painted...





Here is the Dorset Ram all painted in

I can't hardly stand myself...
I think I have to take him out to the Thread Shed
and get him under the needle!

CLICK HERE to view this Quilted

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Photoshop Elements Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view our day at the State Fair


CLICK HERE to view all of my Neocolor II Portraits

CLICK HERE to view Neocolor II Portrait Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view Fabric Painting

CLICK HERE to view Farm Life

p.s. I will be teaching a Neocolor II Portrait class on June 18, 2011 at JanniLou Creations Quilt Shop in Philomath, Oregon.


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. This has got to be the most handsome looking Ram I have ever seen . Love the neocolors you are using .I need to try them myself.Got to buy some first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks wonderful. Love the contrast of the background to his colouring.

    ReplyDelete