Friday, April 1, 2011

Neocolor II Portrait.......Iris.....Quilted


The Neocolor II Iris Portrait
is going under the needle today...

Let's see where the day takes us:



I pulled a few threads that appealed to me...
I need different shades of pink for this piece.





This is the back side of the quilt.
I chose a Bottom Line Thread for the bobbin.





I will outline the entire flower with
Bottom Line Black Thread...





All of the outline work has been done at this point.





Keep the photo nearby for reference...





All of the yellow areas have been quilted...





All of the lighter pink thread is done at this point





All of the darker pink thread is done at this point





I am using 2 different shades of
Green Variegated Thread
for the Leaves





All of the quilting on the flower and leaves is complete





All that is left is to trim and bind the Iris





This piece was a great deal of fun to quilt.

Makes me want to do another...

If the sun comes out, I will be mowing the lawn,
cleaning out flower beds and planting bulbs
this weekend.


CLICK HERE to see the Iris Painted

CLICK HERE to see the Iris w/Metallic Thread

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Neocolor II Portrait Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view the Design Wall

CLICK HERE to view Corded Edge Treatment Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view my Exhibit Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn



3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much life comes to a quilt when it's been quilted. And like you said it's a lot of fun. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Patsy introduced me to your blog. I know why she reads it....incredible!

    Envious Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! It's wonderful to see your process too.

    ReplyDelete