Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Inktense Portrait......Rose


It is baseball season again...

While my favorite guy watches the games...

I sit next to him with my lap desk and color with
Inktense Pencils

Life is Good !



Lastnight I colored and painted this rose.
It grows on our patio out back.





It was great fun to do all the shading on this flower





Border Fabric Audition 1
Paintstik Surface Design on Black Fabric





Border Fabric Audition 2
Hand Painted Fabric
I do like the watercolor appearance of this...





However, I just can't resist all the drama here !





Be sure to cover the Inktense Pencils & Paintstik with
Parchment Paper




It will protect your iron




I am using 2 layers of very thin batting...



Everyone is in their places...
We are ready start Machine Quilting:


Suzy & Gunnr sleep underneath the sewing machine table.




I plan to quilt this simply...

Let the gorgeous flower do all the talking:


I am outlining the rose petals in
24 KT Gold Rayon Thread
by Robinson Anton



Click Images to Enlarge:


The doubled batting helps the petals pop out.



I quilted a few wavy lines in the border area:


I didn't want the 24 Kt Gold Thread to compete with the
Paintstik surface design on the black border fabric
so I kept the border quilting simple.

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Neocolor II Portraits

CLICK HERE to view Inktense Sparrow Portrait

CLICK HERE for a Good Belly Laugh (turn up the volume)

May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn



No comments:

Post a Comment