Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Class Prep......Molas



I need to get some class samples done

for a Mola class I am leading next month:







You can follow along while I create the horse:


Molas consist of layers...






Authentic Molas use the reverse appliqué method...






In this 3 hour class we will use the fusible appliqué method






This technique involves filling all the available space






The horse shape is filled in...

now to fill in the background area






I am working with pre-fused fabrics and placing them

on black felt






I decided to use up the scrap fabrics all over the table

for the background fill





All the leftover snippets filled in the background nicely






Giddyup






I also had time to get this monkey mola done




Mola Class Samples:


I had fellow instructors over for Mola play days.

I will post about that soon!




 I left the Thread Shed tonight and walked over

to the house...


The flowers in front of the house are putting on

a show tonight as the sun sets...






Calla Lilies at sunset...






Magic happens when they are backlit from

the setting sun















CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. They certainly look like Mola's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Molas are wonderful!!!!! Not sure which one I like best.

    ReplyDelete