Monday, May 3, 2010

More Painted Textile Pieces...



Here are a few more pieces I painted recently:


Click Images to Enlarge:


I started out with a gorgeous piece of commercial fabric with some metallic accents on it.
I was hoping the metallic paints I was using would go well with the metallic highlights.
I am please with the results of this piece.
Even after the application of the paint, the fabric still has a soft, natural hand to it.

I am thinking it will become a long narrow wall quilt or a tablerunner?





Another piece of beautiful commercial fabric with metallic highlights.
I experimented with another kind of textile paint with a lot of shimmer to it.
I pulled the paint colors for the leaves from the fabric itself.
Just a bit darker shades of color so the leaves would pop off the quilt.
Again, the fabric has remained soft.





For this piece I chose this great commercial crackle fabric.
I wanted to see if I could paint over it with transparent paints and still be able to see the crackle fabric through the paint.
It worked beautifully.




I couldn't resist painting on this colorful piece of commercial batik fabric.
Again, I pulled the colors for the leaves from the fabric itself, using dark shades of color so the leaves would stand out.

This fabric painting is addicting.
I hope you will sign up for our class and try out this technique.

Adventures in Textile painting
Saturday, August 14, 2010
9:30 - 4:00
JanniLou Creations Quilt Shop
1243 Main Street
Philomath Oregon
541-929-3795

Instructors: Nancy Bryant & LuAnn Kessi
Call the shop to register for class.

Class samples are on display at JanniLou's




Gunnr
3 year old Boxer

Gunnr joins Suzy for a nap under my sewing machine from time to time.
Yes, he fits under there believe it or not!

CLICK HERE to view Gunnr under the sewing machine

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view the Black Leaves class sample

CLICK HERE to view the Rusted Leaves class sample


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

1 comment:

  1. I really like your painted panels. Are you using a stencil? Pattern from a book? Would love to be in the class....but...since I'm in northern Nevada, it's a bit of a reach!

    ReplyDelete