Friday, May 14, 2010

Challenge Project....Part 1


My local quilt group, The Harlan Valley Quilters (HVQ)
has a challenge quilt project.

This year we each have a half yard of this gorgeous batik fabric pictured below.


Click Images to Enlarge:

There are no rules in this challenge.
We can use this fabric in any way we like, including a quilted project or a 3D object.




When I look at this fabric I see flowers!





I pulled out the fusible web and traced flower motifs.
I also added the lavendar, green and brown fabrics from my stash.
I plan to use this black batik as the background.

Our challenge is TOP SECRET until they are revealed in December 2010.

I will show you a bit of my work as I go along.....without revealing too much!




I have a little more than a fat quarter of challenge fabric left...

I have an idea for a second project.
We will have to wait and see what happens...





Yellow Iris




Purple Iris




This image is making it's way into a quilted textile...




I have uploaded these images at full resolution.
If you click the image it will enlarge.
Feel free to use these images in your artwork if you are inspired!




State Fair Zinnia Seedlings
In the kitchen window




I don't have much luck growing seedlings directly in the ground here in the coastal mountain range of Western Oregon.

I do better starting the seeds in the kitchen window for a few weeks.
I will be planting them in the ground by the first of June




The lilac bush by the back door is blooming and it smells yummy.





Somehow poor Suzy ended up in the house...
She came to the window to remind me to let her outside.




Gunnr
He is a clown and makes us laugh every day.
He also adores Suzy......unfortunately, she doesn't share his affection.

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view the Thread Shed

CLICK HERE to view Tutorials

CLICK HERE to view Slideshows


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric - looking forward to seeing what you make from it.

    I have several colors of iris that I need to divide when they are done blooming and wondered if you would like to do a trade if you don't have some like mine? I am going to take photos of the colors I have and will post them or can send them to you. Love the two you showed today on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will do beautifull things with that fabric! I love the little peaks we get so that we can follow along.
    I also smile when ever Gunnr shows up in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind comments to this blog.
    I truly enjoy documenting my progress and sharing it with everyone.
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete