Friday, May 21, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival...



This is my entry for the Bloggers Quilt Festival:


Click Images to Enlarge:


The Cow Pony




The Cow Pony Detail


Dancer started out as my trail horse in 1991. He was like riding a rocking horse and he had the best personality. He eventually became my husband's #1 roping horse, and what a time they had together. I have videos of the two of them in the arena roping horns and feet. Dancer earned the name Cow Pony because he loved cattle so much. When he wasn't in the roping arena, you could find him out in the pasture surrounded by a herd of yearling cattle. This is known as being "cowy."

I have always believed in the healing benefits of creating art.
Working on this Cow Pony Quilt helped me through a difficult time in my life, and in the end healed me of my grief over the loss of Dancer.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view a slideshow of the creation of the Cow Pony Quilt

CLICK HERE to view more of the Bloggers Quilt Festival


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

14 comments:

  1. Thank you Marika for your kind comments about the Cow Pony Quilt.
    I have always believed in the healing benefits of creating art.
    Working on this quilt helped me through a difficult time in my life, and in the end healed me of my grief over the loss of Dancer.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt. Sorry for your loss but I'm glad the quilt helped get you through. My Dad raises arabians and was a champion team penner so I totally understand. My Mom loves sunflower quilts so you'd totally fit in with us.

    Come see my festival quilts

    Here is my latest quilt and its 1890 antique cheddar star inspiration
    http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

    my antique 1890 double pink blazing star
    http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
    Sandra Starley

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did amazing work on this quilt. It wonderful and the story is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this one again. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this so much - your story brought tears to my eyes - what a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely quilt. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the information on rusting the fabric was fascinating. I'd like to try the needle felting one of these day when I have some spare time... I'm glad I can to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful pony. Its a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tribute to a beloved friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous quilt and awesome way to remember a 4 legged family member!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt, beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful quilt and a great story of your and your husband's relationship with your beloved horse. thanks for sharing! come visit my site: http://fligamapoof.blogspot.com/ i'm having a little giveaway. i live in washington

    ReplyDelete