Monday, May 17, 2010

Challenge Project....Part 3



Another sneak peek at my progress on the Challenge Quilt


Click Images to Enlarge:


After lots of tracing and cutting I finally have a few pieces up on the design wall.
I am using a dark black batik for the background of the quilt.
I don't have any of the challenge fabric up yet, but I do love this gorgeous purple batik fabric.





Transdoodle Tracing Paper

This is a wonderful product if you need to transfer chalk lines onto your fabric.
It is paper that is coated on one side with chalk.
Transdoodle makes very large sheets, which I like for bigger projects.




I am done pressing the fusible web on all of the fabrics.
Now I need lots of time to sit and cut out all of the shapes...




Lite Steam A Seam 2

This is my favorite fusible.
It has paper on both sides of the fusible web.
You can purchase it off the roll by the yard.
You can purchase it in a package of 8 x 10 sheets.




Why is this my favorite fusible???

It sticks to the design wall and does not fall off.
I can position the cut out motifs, move them around until the placement suits me, and they stay in place without being ironed down.

When I am satisfied with the placement, then I iron them down.

More to come soon...

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view more Challenge Quilt images

CLICK HERE to view the Design Wall

CLICK HERE for Inspiration

May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love the peeks!~ I am thinking pumpkins and hollyhocks~ LOL it will be fun to see the project when you finish it. :-) Thanks for all the product tips too!

    ReplyDelete