Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm in a New York State of Mind.......

Tablerunner made from leftover New York Beauty Blocks.  They are 4 inch paper pieced blocks.  The paper piecing makes this complicated block quite easy to put together.  The points are very pointy.  Click on each image to enlarge it and see the details.
My sister and I at a quilting retreat.  A gorgeous New York Beauty quilt hangs on the wall behind us.
We spent the weekend making New York Beauty blocks and playing Queen for a Day!

My sister chose a 2 color theme of yellow and blue.......always a wonderful color combo.
I went with 4 colors: purple, pink, green, yellow.......very deep rich colors.

By the end of the weekend, we had a great start on a new quilt.........
My sisters blocks:

My blocks set on point.........makes for even more movement.  I think they will get set into the quilt on point like this.

I was born on the east coast, my school field trips always included a trip into New York City to tour the museums, Statue of Liberty, ride on the ferry in the New York Harbor.  I have hailed taxis, seen broadway shows, sat in Yankee Stadium and cheered, stood on the observation deck of the Twin Towers, and rode a handsome cab through Central Park.  I am tempted to include some of these icons somewhere in this quilt.  As you can see........I am in a New York State of Mind.

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts

May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi


No comments:

Post a Comment