Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Don't Leave Home Without It


There are two things I don't leave home without.......The first is my camera.
Just think, I could have missed the motorcycle riding cat in the photo above, if I didn't have my camera sitting on the seat beside me.  That is my red pick up in the background.  I was parked in town, when I heard this man talking......I thought he was talking to himself......until I leaned out my pick up window and saw the gray cat.  
Click on the photos to enlarge them and see the details.......


This cat absolutely loved riding on this big, noisy motorcycle.  I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself.  I grabbed my trusty camera, jumped out of the pick up and introduced myself to the cat and his motorcycle man.  They were more than happy to pose for a few photos.  They also told me they were at McDonald's every Sunday morning for breakfast......just in case I wanted to see the motorcycle kitty again.
So remember........don't leave home without your camera!


The second thing I don't leave home without is.....my Featherweight 221 portable sewing machine.  When we are going on a trip, I always bring along my FW221.  It is small and doesn't take up a lot of precious cargo space.  I also have a narrow folding table that goes along and is a perfect work table for wherever we end up for the night during our travels.  There is always enough space to set up the table, sewing machine, I grab a table lamp from the room and I am ready for some quality sewing time.



This FW221 was made in 1959.  It is a little, lightweight workhorse.  It has the best piecing stitch of any of my sewing machines.  It is a pleasure to work on, and is so easy to bring along when we are on the road.  On this particular trip we traveled to eastern Oregon to the painted hills country.  My husband and son went on a bass fishing trip.  They fished and I sewed........all the world was in harmony.


These are the gorgeous painted hills in Oregon...........yes, this photo will make its way into a quilt someday.



These are my fishermen.  It was a great trip for all of us!
Remember that camera.........and that sewing machine.

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts

Don't Leave Home Without Them,
LuAnn


2 comments:

  1. Where did you find your extension table? I have a featherweight and this would be handy! Love this machine! '
    Thanks - mapd

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a link (on the blog) to where you can buy the extension table.
    It says CLICK HERE.....right under the photo of the extension table.
    I guess you missed it...
    http://luannkessi.blogspot.com/2012/02/calypsonew-design.html

    ReplyDelete