Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shave Your Legs & Raise Money For a Worthy Cause



This little 9x12 inch journal quilt is part of a fundraiser started by professional quilter, Ami Simms. She created The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative www.AlzQuilts.org I had a few class samples hanging around my sewing studio, and decided to donate them to Ami's worthwhile effort. Now, with all that Ami has to do, she is such a busy lady, I tucked a note inside the envelope with my journal quilts and asked her NOT to take the time to email me and confirm that she had received the little quilts. I have confidence in the post office, and Ami doesn't need to send out yet another email confirmation. Instead I requested that she take this extra time and shave both of her legs! Well, my note did not work.......instead I received a touching email from Ami herself, explaining that she had shaved one leg and was looking forward to shaving the other. So, to those of you out there who have time to shave your legs, please take the time to make one of these tiny journal quilts and donate it to Ami and her Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment