Friday, February 27, 2009

Homemade Comforts

Ring.....Ring........Ring........Grandma calling.........come on over......I am just taking bread out of the oven. We ran right over to enjoy this homemade comfort.

Click on each image to enlarge it......


Our Grandma is 89 and still bakes her own bread twice a week. Her bread is just as beautiful as she is.

Everything is better when it is made by hand, especially bread hot out of the oven.

Quilts are also better when they are made by hand. And like Grandma's bread, this one is being given away.

I am taking this quilt to my sister today to celebrate her birthday. It brings me joy to make her a homemade quilt, just like it brings Grandma joy baking her bread for us.

The label reads: Flowers For My Sissy. A sister is dear to you always, for she is someone who is always a part of all the favorite memories that you keep close to your heart. Made with Love for my Big Sister Tinker. Hugs & Kisses, LuAnn "Sisters are the creamer in your coffee" 2009

Flowers For My Sissy.........will bring my sister homemade comfort each time she wraps up in it. It will warm her just like Grandma's bread coming out of the oven.

This is the back side of "Flowers For My Sissy". A scrappy backing on a quilt also gives me that cozy homemade comfortable feeling.


CLICK HERE to view My Quilts

To see more tips and tutorials CLICK HERE


Wishing you cozy quilts and the warmth of Grandma's homemade bread,
LuAnn

4 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! I think it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was an absolute pleasure to make, and a joy to give to my sisters. She loves it too!
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt and the colors are stunning. What a lucky sister you have.Really like your blog.Esteemarlu

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread looks so tasty I can jusst smell it. Wish I could grab a handful from my screen.LOL.Esteemarlu

    ReplyDelete