Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fond Memories

I traveled by train from Oregon to Idaho to attend the Bossom Buddies quilters retreat. In a small duffel bag I packed a few clothes. In a BIG suitcase I packed fabrics and quilt projects I had in progress and planned to work on. For 3 days I listened to the hum of sewing machines, dined on delectable treats, was inspired by the work of traditional and art quilters, listened to laughter, made new friends and new memories.

Click on the photos to enlarge them.....


One of my fondest memories is waking up early each morning and sewing in my jammies with my Anny Donna. My aunt lives in Idaho, I live in Oregon. She is my Quilting Guru......my Quilting Kindred Spirit. She has taught me more about life than she will ever know. I am a better person when I am with her.


My aunt is a member of the Idaho Bossom Buddies group. These talented quilters create comfort quilts for women diagnosed with breast cancer. They host several retreats each year to work on their own personal projects and spend quilty time together. I have come to know these outstanding women and have learned something from each and every one of them. I thank them for their generous spirit and creative nature.

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


With Fond Memories,
LuAnn

1 comment:

  1. I know your Aunt Donna and have spent enjoyable times with her at retreat (Twin-lo) and at classes. She is a wonderful woman. Looks like you had a great time in beautiful north Idaho.

    ReplyDelete