Sunday, March 13, 2011

Screen Printing........ Frames


Today we built a few wooden frames for
Screen Printing


I am starting a new Surface Design Adventure:


These are the completed frames 10 x 14 inches

We watched a How-To-Video online...
Then got busy building frames.





The frames will need two coats of wood sealer to keep them from rotting.
They spend time under water when you clean them.






I plan to cover the frames with curtain sheers.
Kerr Grabowski's DVD suggested curtain sheers.





There are so many different ways to screen print.

I plan to try coating the screens with photo emulsion fluid and use my own photographic images.

I am also interested in trying
Kerr's Deconstructed Screen Printing technique.

This is my first attempt at Screen Printing.
I will try and take photos along the way so you can follow my progress.

Below are the resources that I am using...


CLICK HERE: How to Build a Screen Printing Frame

CLICK HERE: Screen Printing with Photo Emulsion

CLICK HERE: Deconstructed Screen Printing

CLICK HERE: Jane Dunnewold Screen Printing DVD

CLICK HERE: Kerr Grabowski Screen Printing DVD

CLICK HERE: Jane Dunnewold Art Cloth Book


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

3 comments: