Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Neocolor II Portrait.......Zinnia


After a day in town...

I just wanted to settle down in my favorite chair
and color with my Neocolor II Crayons.


Click Images to Enlarge:


Suzy plans to keep me company...





Gunnr made himself cozy by the fire.

I am looking forward to a relaxing evening
of crayons on cloth.





I took this photo of a bright orange zinnia in one of our
flower beds last summer...





It is now printed on fabric...





The center of the flower is colored in with
yellow and red Neocolor II Crayons.





A few of the flower petals have been colored in...





All of the flower has been colored in...




This is when the MAGIC happens...


When moisture is added to the Neocolor II Crayons
they become so very vibrant !

The center of the flower has been painted.
It is very bright red now.





A few of the petals have been painted.
Check out the difference...
The colors are so juicy !





The entire flower has been painted at this point.
Still need to add background color...



The completed flower:


Zinnia
Neocolor II Portrait

This is now ready to be Quilted,
which is my favorite part of the process.

CLICK HERE to view the Zinnia......Quilted

CLICK HERE to view Photoshop Elements Tutorial

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Gunnr's Portrait #2

CLICK HERE to view Gunnr's Portrait #1

CLICK HERE to view My Tutorials


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Is the color permanent or do you treat it with something to make it permanent? Am interested in coloring on fabric but want a way to make it permanent so it won't wash out with water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic. I think I have another technique to play with. Thanks for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn,
    Once the piece is dry, cover it with a press cloth and heat set with an iron. It is permanent.
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, thanks for all the tutorials sweetie

    Najma

    ReplyDelete