Sunday, March 27, 2011

Neocolor II Portrait.......Cow Calf Pair


Yes, I am at it again...

Neocolor II Portrait Time:



This is a photo I took last fall while herding cattle.
Just love this image of a Cow Calf Pair.





Printed on Fabric





At this point...
The cow is colored in with Neocolor II Crayons





At this point...
Both the Cow & Calf are colored in





At this point...
The background has been colored in.

It is time to paint this image...




Here is the completed portrait.
It is now ready for basting and quilting.

CLICK HERE to view this Quilted



For Neocolor II Portraits
I like to sit in my favorite chair...


I use a laptop desk as my work surface...





The inside of the Laptop Desk
holds all of my Neocolor II Supplies.



No sooner was I done with this Cow Calf Portrait...


When I heard Brad say...
The yearlings are in the yard





Sure enough...
Two yearling cattle were grazing in the front yard.



Brad opened the gate to the pasture...

The first calf found its way back into the field...





And....so did the second calf





Brad tied the gate up...
and the Rodeo is over for today.

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE for a Neocolor Portrait Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view Photoshop Elements Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view Cattle Drive in the Snow Slideshow

CLICK HERE to view my Adventures in Art Quilting Class in May


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. Have been following your adventures with the Neocolor and can't wait to see how you complete a quilt with them. Do you have to iron set them after painting? Does the fabric stay soft and can it be washed? I also have the Epson 1100 and wonder if you experience any bleeding or if you prepare your fabric. Wish I was close enough to spend some time with you in the Thread Shed! Thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Corliss,
    Glad you are enjoying the adventures in Neocolor II Portraits. Yes, I do heat set the portraits after they are painted. Yes, the fabric remains soft and pliable. Yes, you can wash them, but I would recommend hand washing. I don't believe you would have issues with the pigment bleeding or fading, but I would be concerned about abrasion from other items in the washer and dryer rubbing against the Neocolors.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete