Sunday, March 20, 2011

Neocolor Portrait......Long Ears


It is rainy outdoors today...

Good day to stay inside and play with
Neocolor II Crayons


Click Images to Enlarge:


I took this photo last year down at the goat barn.
This little kid goat had the longest ears.
When she finally pooped out from playing with the other kids goats,
she settled down for a nap and I was able to capture this image of her.





This is Long Ears printed out 13 x 19 inches on fabric





At this point Long Ears is all colored in with
Neocolor II Crayons





I used dark brown to highlight the wood grain lines.
Then I colored over the boards with a lighter brown.




It is time to paint over the Neocolor II


I use a tiny detail brush and also a flat wide brush





At this point only Long Ears has been painted...





Using the detail brush...
I paint over the darker wood grain lines only





Then I go in with the wider brush...
and paint over all of the barn boards





Long Ears
Ready to be basted and quilted...





I decided the wood boards behind Long Ears would be brown rather than the dried out gray color in the photo.
With this technique you can change the colors to suit the portrait.

I am on a roll.......I think I will start another portrait...

Keep you posted!

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view Neocolor II Portrait Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view Photoshop Elements Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view 13 x 19 Wide Path Printer

CLICK HERE to view Neocolor II Play Day


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment