Sunday, March 20, 2011

Neocolor II Portrait.......Baby Chick


2 years ago we brought a dozen new chicks home
from the local feed store...

Brad was taking them out of the little carrier
and placing the chicks into a heated brooder box.

I managed to get a photo of one of the chicks in his hands.


Again, one of those images that I knew would become
a quilted textile someday...





After some photoshop work on the image,
it is printed out 13 x 19 inches on fabric





Neocolor II Crayon Audition
These are the colors I pulled for the chick





The chick is colored in...
Now I can start on the hands




These crayons are the closest I can get
for a good flesh tone





I colored in the wrinkles on his hands...
Then shaded in the darker areas,
using all 5 crayon colors.




Auditioning crayons for the shirt...





All of the coloring is done at this point...




I can begin painting...


The chick and hands are painted so far...



Here is the image all painted and ready for quilting:


Unfortunately this image doesn't do this piece justice.
The angle of the camera and the lighting is poor.
The image before this one is a better representation of this piece.

I will post an image after it has been quilted...

CLICK HERE to view Photoshop Elements Tutorial

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view ALL of my Neocolor II Portraits

CLICK HERE to view Neocolor II Portrait Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view a Slideshow of our Chickens

CLICK HERE to view What's on the Design Wall


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment