Friday, March 4, 2011

Fabric Paper......Play Day



Fabric-Paper......Play Day



My friends came over today and we had a wonderful day playing!





We made sheets of Fabric Paper...

It was so much fun.....it was hard to quit!




This is a muslin fabric foundation.
Newspaper print words are glued down on top of that.
Colored tissue paper is glued down as the final layer.





This is a muslin fabric foundation.
Torn pieces of a road map are glued on top.
Cheesecloth is glued down as the final layer.




You can see from this blurry photo just how cool the road map looks.




This is a commercial butterfly fabric.
Colored tissue paper was glued on top.




This is a commercial chicken fabric.
Clothing Pattern pieces are glued on top.




This is a commercial butterfly fabric.
Colored tissue paper is glued on top.




This is a commercial fabric with tissue paper glued on top.




This is a muslin fabric foundation.
A gold metallic fiber and a cranberry red yarn are glued on top.
White tissue paper was glued down as the final layer.





This is a muslin fabric foundation with paper words glued on top.
Then it was covered with cheesecloth.
Then colored tissue paper was glued down to everything.





This is a muslin fabric foundation.
Found papers are glued down.
Cheesecloth is glued on top.
Tulip Spray Paint was used for the yellow center and green borders.
I added stenciled leaves to this piece of fabric paper after it dried.





We are working from the book
Stitch Alchemy




We are making the
Good Fortune Birds
on Page 78

The bird shapes will be cut out of the fabric paper we created today!

I will keep you posted on our progress...

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE: Fabric Paper Tutorial Video

CLICK HERE to view:  Good Fortune Birds

CLICK HERE to view My Art Quilts

CLICK HERE to view our Cattle Drive in the Snow

CLICK HERE to view my Cord Bound Edge Tutorial


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh how beautiful! I love how you started with the graphic fabrics underneath and added a sheer layer over it. That is really awesome! The chickens and the butterflies look neat. This paper cloth is going to be spectacular when you cut it up. Can't wait! What a fun time with artsy friend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I never thought to use commercial printed fabric. Duh. It came out beautifully! I love Kelli's book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice "papers"! Isn't Kelli's book just the best thing ever?? I use it all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cloth paper! I have wanted to do this, but wasn't sure what to do with it when I finished. I'll be back to watch!!

    ReplyDelete