Thursday, October 7, 2021

Improv.....Zip Case

The rain ran us out of plowing the hay fields

so I am taking the day to play ! 



I think this was my Improv 6 technique

that I was playing with back in 2020...





Free hand cutting and curved piecing...





I made about 6 feet of this

and there it sat...



I pulled it off the shelf,  cut off a hunk of it

and made this zip case:


Improv Zip Case

Side 1




Side 2





Interior.....Blue Squares Batik





I squared up the bottom

and added a leftover zipper end on the side.





This was great FUN !


I had an itch to stitch

and I scratched it !


As soon as the field dries out

we will run the harrow and packer over it

then it will be time to drill it...

the end is in sight !



CLICK HERE
:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes all you need is just a little stitching to bring things back in balance. That sipper loop is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vicki,
      You are so right...you put it beautifully.....balance. Something we all need.
      I am enjoying your blog postings and your feathered quilting on your postage stamp is outstanding. Congrats on the finish !

      Warm Regards,
      LuAnn in Western Oregon

      Delete