Friday, October 8, 2021

Donkey Tote Bag...


This is a commission...


Donkey Mare and Foal


I was given this panel and told

"do something with this."





I turned it into a tote bag





I kept the quilting simple...

the darling donkey and foal are the main focus.





Such a beautiful digital print...






I put some of my rust dyed fabric on the back...






Lining and Leather Handles...






I just fell in love with this

while I was stitching it together.



Guess What?


I found both of these panels on Etsy !

They came in the mail today.

Yes, I am making one for myself !






Moonlake Fabrics sells these on Etsy

You can order the panels in different sizes.

These are 16 x 16 inches.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn

8 comments:

  1. I think your bag is adorable. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose Prairie,
      This was a FUN one and fairly quick to put together!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. What an adorable panel and the tote is amazing!! Now I want one! Do you find it difficult to sew through the leather for the handles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farm Quilter,

      I used a leather needle and it sewed through the handles like butter! I stitched over it several times to be sure it was secure and would hold well.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. How adorable!!!!! Glad you get to make one for yourself too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie,
      Yes, I am still hoping to get mine done soon!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete