Sunday, October 10, 2021

Trying to beat the RAIN...

 Today is the day...

The RAIN is coming tonight


The Cowboy has the drill 

hooked up to the John Deere.

The drill is what seeds the field...





He has the fertilizer spreader 

on the International...






The fertilizer will give the field the nitrogen

it needs to give it a boost through the winter

and get it growing fast in the spring...






The trailer is loaded up with grass seed

and fertilizer bags...






We loaded about 250 lbs of seed in the drill...





I can drill the seed in a couple of hours,

then come back and fill it up again...






I am ready to climb on board

and get this field planted.....woohoo !




I am not alone...

The Cowboy is in the next field fertilizing:


5 hours later...

The field is planted and the pasture is fertilized.

The RAIN is coming at midnight

and the fields are ready for the moisture.


I am ready to spend some time

listening to the gentle hum of my sewing machine.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. The work never ends on a farm!! So glad you and Cowboy can work together to get the necessary chores done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Farm Quilter,

      The cowboy gets all of the equipment ready.....I get to hop on and have all the FUN!

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete