Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Yellowstone 4......Sketch Books



The thermal features at Yellowstone always
amaze me...








Once you get past the smell of the sulphur,
the hot, bubbling, blue water is gorgeous...






Hot Blue Pool of Water






This tree root really grabbed my attention.
The ground is so hot it literally cooks the trees from
the roots up...






These tree roots are enormous and so beautiful.




A few things I drew in the Sketch Book
while we were traveling...


Left Page.....Leaves and Curls added to the spine
Right Page.....Plumes and Leaves added to the spine
Two completely different looks.....I like them both!






Background Fillers.....a favorite of mine to draw out.
You never know what will work until you get it
down on paper...






I spent last Spring quilting this design into my son's
new bed quilt...






Same design as above....but with plumes added.



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: Feelin' Groovy Quilt

CLICK HERE to view: Midnight in the Garden Quilt

CLICK HERE to view:  Our Cattle


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment