Friday, August 17, 2012

Sketch Book....


This design isn't really a feather...

just plumes:

Random plumes to fill the background areas of a quilt




The bottom portion of the page is a diagram to remind
me how to stitch this design out.



 Below is a fabric sandwich with random plumes
stitched all over:
CLICK HERE to view this design on quilted bags




 The following designs are lined up in a vertical row:
It helps to chalk mark lines on the quilt before quilting.
I drew pencil lines in the sketch book, then used the lines 
to keep me drawing the design an even distance apart.




Professional Quilter - Pam Clark designed a stencil to
quickly chalk the lines on your quilt....it works great!



In the green border on this baby quilt, I chalked straight
vertical lines all along the border...
Then free motion quilted long loops along the borders.
Fast, FUN and Easy!


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: Feather Border Quilting

CLICK HERE to view: Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt

CLICK HERE to view:  ALL Sketch Book posts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi


Brought to YOU By:
the Hen House



1 comment:

  1. I have been following all your sketches of these wonderful designs. I am working on a couple wall hangings and have done some different ones all over.
    Getting used to some of the loops and etc. I tend to want to move too fast I think.lol
    Great work you do!!!

    ReplyDelete