Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sketch Book......Background Fillers 1



When trying out different filler designs,
I partition the sketch book...

6 sections seems to work best for me:

Rather than fill up an entire page in the book with 1 design,
I can experiment with 6 different designs on one page.





Filler designs can be time consuming to draw out 
1 design on a full page.
6 designs on a page is much more appealing to me.
It is enough space to let me know if the design
is working or not.






When I am experimenting with new designs,
I draw them out as if I had the piece under
the needle quilting it...
keeping my pen down on the paper, moving it as
if it were a needle and thread on the machine.





I never know what will work until I try it out in the sketch book.





The yearling heifers keep me company just outside
the Thread Shed.





The hydrangeas are putting on a show this time of year!
The flower beds are just illuminated with their beauty.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: ALL Free Motion Quilting posts

CLICK HERE to view:  My Portrait Quilts

CLICK HERE to view:  Life on the Farm


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

Brought to YOU By:
Gunnr and his Blue Ball

1 comment:

  1. Luann,

    Thanks for the filler design ideas. I see a few I'm going to try out, especially in the last page of designs. Love the one with the bobbles on either side of the double line.

    ReplyDelete