Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sketch Book......Filling a Space



I like to try out different designs to
fill a given space...

I sectioned this page on an angle to create 2 triangle sections.
Top half of page......draw out 1 curvy spine
Bottom half of page.....draw out 2 curvy spines
Then I filled the given space with plumes.




The object is to fill in the entire space with plumes.
Leave no space un-quilted.
Sometimes you need to really stretch out those plumes
to get it all filled in, especially the corner areas.





This page was divided into rectangle sections.
Each section has a curvy spine.
Then plumes are added to fill the entire space.

This technique has become a favorite of mine.



Hay Season is over for us:

This is one of the fields of stacked hay...




We feed the cattle during the winter months in several
different locations...





Hay is stored at each location for easy access.




We are preparing to ship the yearling cattle soon.




 I wish I could tell you this was a beautiful bald eagle...
but I can't...
It's a buzzard that flew over the house today.


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: My Art Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: My Traditional Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: ALL Sketch Book posts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

Brought to You by:
Gunnr and his Blue Ball

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky shot of the buzzard - we have lots but have never seen a closeup of one flying. Did you use a zoom lens or were you lucky it flew low?

    ReplyDelete