Thursday, September 13, 2012

Raffle Quilt......Quilted & Bound


This quilted up much faster than I anticipated...



Big Bloomers   96 x 96 inches

Women's Cancer Coalition 2013 Raffle Quilt

12 hours later....the machine quilting is done!






My favorite ruler for squaring up the quilt corners...

20 inch square Omnigrip





This is spray basted, so the layers held together nicely during quilting.

There is no distortion of the edges from the quilting, so squaring it up was easy.






I love a neatly squared up quilt......aaaaah.






I am not alone in the Thread Shed today.....Gunnr is great company!






Ready for Binding....





The 3-D edges on the flowers will ruffle up after washing and drying.






Scrappy Back Art.....






Binding.....pressed and ready to stitch down.






Into the washing machine tonight...






It will wash and dry 3 times....

See you in the morning!

p.s.  Those of you with a Sweet 16 may be interested in this:  The first 2 spools of top thread were Presencia cotton.  When I ran out of that I used Mettler cotton, which kept breaking no matter how much I loosened the top tension.  I finally had to loosen the bobbin tension in the TOWA gauge to 100 so I could loosen the top tension to stop the breakage.  I guess Presencia is heavier and stronger than the Mettler.  I normally run the bobbin tension at 180 - 200.

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view:  ALL Raffle Quilt posts

CLICK HERE to view:  Sketch Book Posts

CLICK HERE to view:  Flowers For Sissy Quilt

May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi


No comments:

Post a Comment