Thursday, March 7, 2024

We Can Quilt It...


I have had this panel for many years

and it is time to put it together... 


I sandwiched this together with 

Pellon Fusible Foam...





The foam gives incredible definition 

to the machine quilting...





This is mostly free motion quilting

with a little bit of ruler work...





Back side...





Back Side...





I stitched both pieces together

then cut out the bottom corners

to create a bag with a flat bottom...





The lining is in and I am

topstitching around the top edge...





I used heavy cardboard and covered it

with fabric to put in the bottom of the bag...





Bottom of bag reinforcement...





Leather handles are installed

with metal rivets...





Side 1




Side 2


It has been a long time coming

and it is now ready to carry my stuff !


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! This was a super FUN project! I wish I could get that kind of definition with my regular machine quilting. That Foam is super cool.

      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete