Monday, March 11, 2024

Horse Quilt...


Remember this horse panel quilt top?


It has been sitting around long enough...

time to get it....under the needle !





It is a fair sized quilt, so I will quilt it

on my Big Girl Machine...

Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen





This is a Sit-Down Long Arm

and I love it for larger projects...





I used the Handi Quilter Wave Ruler

to quilt the center of the panel...





I used the Hand Quilter Ditch Ruler

for all of the straight line quilting...





To mark the spine of the feather,

I used my very favorite marking tool...

Ultimate Marking Pencil




You just iron it off...





The white line disappears with heat...magic!




Close-Up view of Quilting:
































The 20 inch square up ruler

works best for trimming and squaring up...





Ahhh...the rough edges are gone !










Now I need to paw through the fabric cupboards

and find a binding that works...

I will send another image when this is

hanging on the living room wall.


View my Instagram feed HERE


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi


6 comments:

  1. Every time I look, there's another beautiful project!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Marilyn! Much appreciated.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. I do remember that one. I love how you do your panels. You did a great job on the quilting too. Good choices, Thanks for sharing the rulers you used as well. I like to see things in progress and completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Pamela! We all love to take a peek at each others work and see how it is done. I learn lots that way.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. Another pretty one finished! You have such a wonderful stash to draw from to make your panels shine. Great quilting too! I never encountered the "ultimate marking tool" before and I agree with Pamela that it is nice to see and learn about what other quilters use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love to pick up little tips here and there from fellow quilters. Always FUN to share what we know.
      Hugs,
      LuAnn

      Delete