Monday, April 6, 2020

Improv.....Technique 5


I am trying out another improv technique

Pick Up Stix




I pawed through the scrap bag and pulled out

my Marcia Derse fabric scraps...






these are so FUN and have a grunge look...






I found this marble/stone like fabric

in the cupboard...






I had enough to cut 

30 squares @ 6 1/2 inches...







I cut the Marcia Derse fabrics into 

1 inch strips...

It is now time to cut into the squares and

insert these strips...






This is the first pick up stix block...






I have lots more blocks to piece.

I will post again when the blocks are done.



We have been calving for 6 weeks now

and have 51 calves so far.

Here is some cuteness for you:



A beautiful heifer calf...

she is a keeper.






Golden Girl has a bull calf

that looks just like her !





We call this heifer calf...Beauty



CLICK HERE to view the Pick Up Stix Tutorial


CLICK HERE for Part 2 of this post


CLICK HERE: view all Improv posts



Give' em a try.....they are FUN !





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

  1. Love your 'pick up stix' blocks!!!! But have to say I love your calf pictures more!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you love the calves more.....don't we all !

      Stay Safe,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  2. Golden Girl had a beautiful calf!!! Will you be keeping him to add to your lineup of bulls?? Your blocks are really cool, but your calves steal the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that baby bull calf is cute, but we don't keep our own bulls. We purchase outside bulls every few years to keep that hybird vigor going in our cattle. Yes, those baby cows do steal the show!

      Stay Well,
      LuAnn

      Delete