Sunday, April 12, 2020

Elk Cows and Yearlings...


I was coming out of the Thread Shed

to photograph a quilt I had just finished up...

just in time to see the elk across the river



They were grazing in the hay field,

then decided to jump the fence and go down

to the river...





These are mainly cows with last year's

yearling calves with them...





Their new calves will be born in June...





The calves are reluctant about jumping the fence,

yet do it with ease...




I was able to get this on video.....see below



Enjoy the Elk Videos:









CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn

2 comments:

  1. They are so amazing!! I love how they make themselves at home on your farm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deer jump our fence and I'm always worried a 'baby' won't follow! One year we woke up to hearing screaming from a deer that got caught in the fence! We put on winter coats and hubby was able to get it's foot out of the farm fence. WHEW..thanks for sharing these delightful and graceful animals!

    ReplyDelete