Saturday, March 5, 2016

Fabric Dyeing @ the Quilt Palace...



The Art Sisters are at the Palace...



The MX dyes have been sorted by color...






Resist Dyeing...





Golf Balls, Wiffle Balls, Softballs






The fabric wrapped balls are now 

under ice and dye powder.






A few hours later.....ice melting




Virginia is creating 9 step gradations:


She added neutral gray to the mix...













Nancy is also creating a gradation






Here are their gradations.....hot out of the dryer!




A thrift shop find for me....pillowcases:


Sliding pleats with pillowcases...

ready for the dye!






I cut up the MX dye color swatch poster...

then tape the labels to my dye bottles.

Makes choosing dye colors so much easier!





I also folded and clamped fabrics...






This is my first tie dye piece...

looks like the head of Medusa!





Medusa is covered with ice and dye powder:

Fuchsia Red, Peacock Blue, Hydrangea





Medusa will batch overnight...






My pieces are still batching...






I will post images of my dyed fabrics 

after they are processed.


Below is a video of Nancy Ice Dyeing.....enjoy!




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox




CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

1 comment:

  1. I like your post. thank you for showing the whole process. It is very, very interesting. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete