Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Fabric dyeing......Show 'n Tell 1





3 days later I made it back to the Quilt Palace

to process the dyed fabrics:



The dyed fabrics have been 

rinsed, washed and dried...



Here comes the Show 'n Tell:








Golf, Wiffle and Soft Balls......tied.

Dry fabric, balls tied, then soda soaked...





Ice Dyed with powdered dye...






This is what it looks like....3 days later






Fabric Dyed Balls....ready for rinse out






Pretty gorgeous.....wouldn't you say!


More Fabric Dyeing Show 'n Tell tomorrow...










CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! These are so gorgeous! Do you ever let visitors in to watch and learn? I can see one technique after another, after another in every single thing you do that would be a blast! You are living my dream, LuAnn Kessi, the artists life and exploring one technique, one material, after another. I am in awe!And you still run a farm and do wonderful volunteer work! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanks Michele for your kind and thoughtful comments. I put dates on the calendar of things I want to do and when the date comes up…..I do it….just like an appointment. I value my desires and act upon them. I think I am a better and happier person for it. It has become a habit that I share with my art sisters, a common bond between us. It is a good thing to surround yourself with like-minded people who love to experiment. Again thank you for your comments…..now, go put something on your calendar!

    LuAnn Kessi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such pretty hand dyes! Love the idea with the wiffle balls - hoping to do some dyeing this year now that we're finally getting rain in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fantastic fabric!!!Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fabric dying. Your such an inspiration! One question for you. Why do you cover some of the parts in yogurt cups? I'm really excited to find wiffle balls and get my dyes out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yogurt cups keep the ice from falling down the sides. They help keep the ice on top of the fabric so it melts straight down into the fibers.

    ReplyDelete