Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feeling Groovy.....More Design Work


Day 3

This is where the Feeling Groovy Quilt
was at when I left the Thread Shed last night:



I love all of these fabrics...

but not all at one time...

They seem to be shouting at me!



I took them all off the design wall:


I chose the earthy, calmer tones above






These are the fabrics that didn't make it back
up on the design wall.




Then I decided it needed some sashing fabric
between the blocks to separate them a bit:


I auditioned several shades of brown behind the blocks





The quilt appears much darker...
I want to keep it light and feeling groovy.





The mustard yellow striped fabric on the right,
behind the blocks, is brighter and adds texture...





Let's put some blocks up and see how they look...





Calmer and Warmer...





I will go with the yellow stripe as a sashing fabric





I am auditioning smaller blocks in the center
of some of the squares

I feel like I am on the right track with this quilt.

More Tomorrow...


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: All of the Feeling Groovy posts

CLICK HERE to view: Textile Painting

CLICK HERE to view: Snow Dyeing


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment