Sunday, March 25, 2012

Feeling Groovy.....Piecing the Quilt Top


Day 6 & 7


I spent the weekend

Feeling Groovy...




Saturday I completed Sashing & Piecing all 9 rows




Sunday I spent the day piecing the horizontal sashing:


Lots of pinning to keep the vertical sashing all lined up...






By 6pm tonight all of the sashing was pieced...



The quilt measures 82 inches square right now:


I plan to add an 8 inch border.......tomorrow.

Then I will be ready to spray baste it.....yeah!

I just might have this done by my son's birthday.

More to Come~


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: ALL Feeling Groovy posts

CLICK HERE to view: Fabric Painting

CLICK HERE to view: Flour Paste Resist


May Your Bobbin Always Be Feeling Groovy,
LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. Hi LuAnn,
    I love what you have done with those gorgeous fabrics to make a completely stellar quilt! Do you quilt it yourself? Do you have a longarm or do you quilt with your sewing machine? I am thrilled with this quilt!!!
    ~Christina in Cleveland
    PS kiss all the fur family (indoors and out) for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    Thanks for your supportive comments.
    Yes, I will begin machine quilting on the Feeling Groovy Quilt tomorrow. I purchased a Handi Quilter Sweet 16 sit down long arm machine a few months ago, so that is what I will quilt it on.
    I will post images as I work my way through this quilt.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete