Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Feeling Groovy.....Machine Quilting Tips


Day 9


Machine Quilting.......continues:


I thought I would answer a few questions I have been
receiving from blog readers...



This drawer sits right next to the
Sweet Sixteen:


Tools of the Trade...





The Sweet Sixteen
BIG Class M Bobbins





I struggled for a few weeks setting the bobbin tension.
Then I found out a Long Arm secret...
This bobbin gauge makes life so easy!
I set my gauge between 180 - 200

CLICK HERE: Towa Gauge Tutorial









Trim your threads close to the quilt without
the worry of snipping into the quilt.










I feel clumsy wearing quilting gloves.
Instead I use Neutrogena (greaseless) hand cream
to get a better grip on the quilt.
It lasts for hours before I need to re-apply.





Make Up Brushes
work great for cleaning out the bobbin and housing.





Flower Pincushion by Fons and Porter
works great for organizing needles by sizes.





Spiral Eye Needles

I use these to bury my thread tails





The Open Toe Hopping Foot
gives me better visibility right to the tip of the needle
CLICK HERE to watch Video




I rarely mark quilting lines,
but when I do I use a Chubby Crayon.
The mark irons off easily.





Sketch Book
I work out all of my designs in a sketch book.
I also practice on paper before I go to the machine.
It improves my muscle memory.
CLICK HERE to view my Sketch Books




I quilted for 8 hours today....






I will be back at it tomorrow...



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: Sweet Sixteen You Tube Video

CLICK HERE to view: ALL Feeling Groovy posts

CLICK HERE to view: Painted Fabric Tote Bags Tutorial

CLICK HERE to view: Slide show of my Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. LuAnn, what a wonderfull quilt is this. Thank you for the good idee of the pincushon for all your needles.
    http://quiltaart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Beautiful quilting; and great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! Thanks!
    Your quilting looks terrific!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your tools of the trade! Very helpful since I am in the market for the same machine you have. I adore that quilting pattern - your quilt will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete