Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Calypso.....Binding


Day 9

This morning I completed the
quilting in the borders:



This leaf vine in the borders compliments
the fiddlehead ferns quilted in the center of the quilt.

The wool batting has so much loft...
It enhances the quilting stitches.




Freckles is keeping me company today while I put
the binding on...





20 inch Square Up Ruler.....






This ruler is a MUST for squaring up quilts,
especially larger quilts like this one.













to view the same border quilting on Nature Walk




The binding is pieced, pressed and ready to go!





After the machine work is done...





I will find a cozy chair to sit and hand stitch the binding
to the back side of the quilt.


I might just have this done by Saturday?

More to Come~

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: Calypso Border Quilting

CLICK HERE to view: Fiddlehead Fern Quilting

CLICK HERE to view: Jello Printing


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi


2 comments:

  1. LuAnn - Your quilting is just spectacular! Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Chris for your kind comments.
    The wool batting really brings out the machine quilting. This will be a very cozy quilt to sleep under.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete