Saturday, February 18, 2012

Calypso Quilt.......Fern Quilting


Time to focus on quilting the Calypso Quilt:

Day 5

The fabrics have a tropical flavor so I decided to
quilt ferns...


The Dry Erase board is a favorite for trying out new motifs...






How to draw out the Fiddlehead Fern






Fiddlehead Fern fill



Another FUN tool:


BLACK Dry Erase Board...





Neon Markers...





Makes me want to do a black quilt with Neon Threads




Time to sit down at the Sweet Sixteen:


Calypso Quilt
96 x 96 inches





Fern Quilting...













The ferns add a great texture to the quilt:


Now...I need to put down the camera and get busy.
I am hoping to have this ready for my son's birthday next weekend.
Wish me luck!




CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: Woven Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: Improve your Free Motion Foot

CLICK HERE to view: Quilting Stormy


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. The fern motif is just perfect for that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work....I love to use the dry erase to "practice"too

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you like your Sweet 16? I'm thinking of purchasing one. I love the thought of sit-down quilting and I'm so used to it because I quilt with my Bernina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are BRILLIANT!!!!

    What a great idea to use a dry erase board to audition quilting designs.


    May I have permission to cross-post this at our blog for Bright Hopes Quilting? I would love our readers to see what you did

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fern motif! I agree - you should make a black quilt with the neon quilting!

    ReplyDelete