Friday, February 3, 2012

Gunnr.......Surgery


Progress on the Calypso Quilt has come to a stand still...


Gunnr spent the day at the veterinarian's yesterday:


Part of his front foot was amputated...




He was not feeling well last night...


We took turns comforting him to help him sleep.




The sun is shining brightly this morning!

Gunnr seems better too:


He is wearing a wool sock on his foot to prevent him from chewing his bandages.
It seems to be working so far.

(He was afraid of the big, plastic collar from the vets office, so we had to try something else....the wool sock)


I am hoping to get back out to the Thread Shed soon to continue with the piecing on the Calypso Quilt.


CLICK HERE to view My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: Calypso Quilt....In Progress

CLICK HERE to view: Gunnr, The Quilting Arts Calendar Dog

CLICK HERE to view: Student Work


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn

11 comments:

  1. Lu Ann, I am looking at my copy of the QA calendar with Gunnnr's sweet face. I send him tons of healing vibes, love and wish him speedy healing.
    ~Christina in Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Gunnr, I hope he is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about what has happened to Gunnr - he looks like suuch a sweet dog!

    What will be done to help him walk on the affected foot? Or will the poor thing have to limp along?

    Please keep us all updated as to his progress. Thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lu Ann,

    So sorry about Gunnr. Often it is harder on the humans than our animal companions. I hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing Gunnr a speedy recovery! Looks like he's in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor pup! I hope he heals well and soon. You're taking such good care of him. I can see he is much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also looking at my calender. I don't know which I enjoy more, your quilt or Gunnr. I think your dog wins! So sorry to hear he is hurt. I hope he has a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers for Gunner's speedy recovery. I don't blame him - those cones are scary. I'll bet he is eating up all that extra attention, but then again, I'm sure the TLC is something he's used to. He's pretty hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I feel so bad for him...but he looks like he likes to be cuddled.....I hope he gets well quickly....

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for Gunnr! Poor baby!!! I know he'll get lots of love and babying while he recovers! Quilting may have a large priority in our lives, but it definitely has to take a back seat when one of our loved ones hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to hear he has an ouch. I hope he gets better soon. Love his face on my calendar this month. Get better. We took turns sleeping with our dog Lex at night as he did not fit in the crate with a cone on. I got cone in my face few times a night.

    ReplyDelete