Friday, February 17, 2012

Soy Wax on Fabric


I invited a few friends over to Play

We spent the day doing some surface design on fabric

with Soy Wax

Check out the Slideshow below
to see how our day went:



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox



CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: Snow Dyeing Play Day

CLICK HERE to view: Discharge on Fabric Play Day

CLICK HERE to view: Microwave Dyeing Play Day

I have been receiving lots of questions regarding the application of soy wax, so here are a few links that helped me get started:

CLICK HERE: Soy Wax from Dharma Trading

CLICK HERE to learn more about Soy Wax as Surface Design

CLICK HERE for a Soy Wax Tutorial

CLICK HERE for a Simple Batik Tutorial

May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

3 comments:

  1. You have had a great day. Love some of the fabrics you have now. I did some last summer. I have about 6 pieces done and have wax but no dye or paint on another 10 or 12 pieces. I love how soy washes out nicely. I have done some bees wax and parrifin wax batik as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermoso resultado de un día de trabajo!!
    Disfruté mucho de ver sus diapositivas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the show! And... oh my, the green grass in the pic/background?! I'm thinking I want to live in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete