Monday, February 6, 2012

Calypso.......Borders & Basted


I made it back out to the Thread Shed Yesterday:

Day 4


I am auditioning border fabrics for the Calypso Quilt



I decided on green fabrics:


I pulled a few greens out of the cupboard to see if
any of them would work...



Border Fabrics on left side:


I decided to go with a lighter shade of green.



I can't be too choosy as I live a distance from town,
so need to rely on what is in my stash...


I found 4 lighter green fabrics...
Each side of the quilt will have a different border fabric.



I went right to work adding the borders:


With Borders the Quilt Measures
96 x 96 inches

I have 4 days into this quilt so far...


Today I took the Calypso Quilt Top down to
the community hall to get it spray basted:


The blue batik fabric is for the back side of the quilt.
I am using yummy wool batting.
My sister helped me get it all spray basted.

Tomorrow I will get it under the needle and begin
the machine quilting...



Gunnr wishes to thank ALL of you who sent your well wishes!


He is recovering nicely from his surgery.
He knows first hand how comforting a
Quilt can truly be.


CLICK HERE to view My Quilts




CLICK HERE to view: Part 1

CLICK HERE to view: Part 2

CLICK HERE to view Part 3


1 comment:

  1. What a gentle face he has. I hope he is going to be okay. Our fur babies sure make us better people.

    ReplyDelete