Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Raffle Quilt......Under the Needle




Monday I met with the Harlan Valley Quilters to spray baste this quilt:


Big Bloomers
96 x 96 inches
Women's Cancer Coalition 2013 Raffle Quilt





Today it is in the Thread Shed......under the needle.






The 3-D flowers slow down the machine quilting, but they are worth it!




This isn't my first rodeo with 3-D elements:


This is a quilt I made a few years back with the same 3-D flowers.

It is quite yummy after washing and drying 3 times!






This heart quilt is also 3-D...






The challenge is to quilt all over the 3-D flowers or hearts, yet leave the edges free so they can ravel when washed.






These are freshly picked from the flower bed this evening...






We are taking them to our grandmother tonight to celebrate her 94th birthday!

Here's looking at you Gramma!


CLICK HERE to view My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view: Making the Big Bloomers Quilt

CLICK HERE to view:  Flowers For My Sissy Quilt

CLICK HERE to view: ALL my Sketch Book posts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi


No comments:

Post a Comment