Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Inspiration

My surroundings inspire my quilted textiles. I never leave home without a camera in my hands. For me, quilting and photography just belong together. My camera is an extension of my sewing machine. It captures what inspires me and saves that inspiration in a digital or printed format until I am ready to put it into a textile form.

Click on Images to Enlarge:


I spent the day riding along on the tractor baling hay with my favorite guy. I am fascinated by the way the big round baler works. I enjoy watching out the cab of the tractor as the big bales are released from the baler and roll out into the field. It wasn't until we were done for the day, and up on the road a distance from the hayfield, that I realized just how gorgeous all those big, round bales looked as a group in the field.

All my best photography seems to happen when I am with my hard-working husband, Brad. I rode along with him one afternoon as he moved the cattle across the river. He dropped me off to block off a road from the cattle, while he rode ahead to get them moving along. As I patiently waited for the cattle to come into view, I noticed just how beautiful the sky was at that moment. It wasn't long before the cattle came along and ran right through my photo.........the timing was perfect.


Every Monday I gather with the quilters in my tiny community to create quilts. We are so fortunate, at the end of the day as we leave for home.......this is the breath-taking sunset that greets us on our way home.


I was building fence with my husband last spring and couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of the Westfork barn. This weathered old barn wood is beautiful. Just looking at this image again has inspired me to print it on fabric and use it as a background for a journal quilt............I will keep you posted with my progress.

If this image inspires you, please use it in your next textile project. I would love to see what you create with it. I have downloaded it at full resolution, just click on the image to enlarge it and print it out.

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


Enjoying Life on the Farm,
LuAnn

1 comment:

  1. your picture is inspiring. I may use that for an upcoming art quilt challenge. I LOVE the look of old weather wood.

    you're a lucky gal to live in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete