Sunday, September 15, 2019

Ice Dyeing...


One week ago I did some Ice Dyeing...



Ice Dyeing Buckets




I prefer to use buckets when Ice Dyeing...

they hold the ice up all the way around 

the edges of the fabric.





I have been trying for a week now to get these 

rinsed out and washed and here they still sit

in the yard.



It is raining today...

not a good day for tractor work,

but an excellent day for processing ice dyes!


Here comes the...Show 'n Tell:


Yummy Ice Dyes !





Scarf 1



Scarf 1





Scarf 2




Scarf 2





T-Shirt 1





T-Shirt 2





T-Shirt 3






Apron 1





Apron 2






Apron 3






Apron 4





I haven't ice dyed in so long...

I forgot how much FUN it is!





As soon as the sunshine returns...

I will be back on this yellow and green beauty!


Enjoy the Videos:


MVI_4257 from LuAnn Kessi on Vimeo.




MVI_4262 from LuAnn Kessi on Vimeo.





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi



5 comments:

  1. I would love to learn how to ice dye fabric - looks awesome!! How nice that the weather cooperated so you could wash them out today! With farm work, you definitely get to work when the weather is cooperative, but rainy weather is perfect for pursuing other interests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Love Love how the aprons turned out. Were they canvas fabric or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are canvas apron blanks. The canvas took the dyes just great!

      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. Everything turned out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly. Ice Dyeing is like a box of chocolate...you never know what you're gonna get!

      LuAnn

      Delete