Saturday, September 7, 2019

Long Ears...


In 2010 this darling baby goat

was born here at Kessi Farms...



After seeing her gorgeous, long, white, ears,

we named her Long Ears







Even in a crowd...

those long ears stand right out!




Here she is a few years later:



Again....those gorgeous long ears stand right out.




Long Ears is left of the center goat 
in this photo.



Long Ears was part of our commercial

Boer Goat herd for several years.



Two years ago we brought her home to live

here in our little, red barn:



Here she is standing up waiting for her dinner.

Every evening she greeted me 
as I came into the barn.






Long Ears was the lead goat of her little

family of goats.  

Each morning she would lead them out through

the pasture and decide where they 

would browse each day.





Here is Long Ears 

with her Daughter Little Lotta






She has been a good mama goat for us.

We will miss you Long Ears.




We gave Long Ears back to the earth...
Good Bye my sweet girl.

p.s.  Long Ears struggled with health problems since January. We spent lots of time trying to mend her with lots of help from the vet, but we just couldn't save her. Her daughter, Little Lotta, has taken over as lead goat of the herd. There are still lots of sweet goats waiting for me each morning and evening when I head out to the barn....that makes me happy.

Many thanks for your very kind comments,
LuAnn




CLICK HERE to view all Goat posts



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts




May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

9 comments:

  1. Commercial goat herd? Like in milk, cheese, grazing? There was a local couple here that bought 3 acres with the intention of a truck farm. First, the blackberries had to be eliminated. Rental of a few goats. They fell in love and ended up with a little goat farm instead. :)

    maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, LuAnn, I am so very sorry. I know how attached to certain animals on your farm (like the bottle calves), so I know you will be feeling the loss of Long Ears. She's a beautiful goat and she certainly took care of her family. Since I never met Long Ears, can you please tell me why I'm crying now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an animal lover and you understand what it is like to love an animal and then to lose it.

      Many thanks for your very caring comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete
  3. Oh no...this is so sad...animals attach to our hearts no matter what species they are. So sorry for you....hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long Ears struggled with health problems since January. We spent lots of time trying to mend her with lots of help from the vet, but we just couldn't save her. Her daughter, Little Lotta, has taken over as lead goat of the herd. There are still lots of sweet goats waiting for me each morning and evening when I head out to the barn....that makes me happy.

      Many thanks for your very kind comments,
      LuAnn

      Delete