Thursday, May 18, 2017

Bull Buying Trip...


7:00 am

We are heading over the pass to Central Oregon



My Batik Hexagon quilt top is 

along for the ride...







We are bull shopping in Madras, Oregon




 The Three Sisters Mountains:


We passed through Sisters, Oregon.

Home of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

The 2nd weekend in July every year!







I am looking forward to 9 hours round trip

of hand piecing hexagons!






My trusty train case has everything I need...






This is something to get excited about!




We are at the auction yard in Madras:


There are bulls everywhere!


















We brought 4 bulls home...





Lots of hexagons were pieced today!

It was a perfect day all the way around.


I captured video of our day...see it below:


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox



CLICK HERE
:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along on this trip. It was fun and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to write a book!! Oh wait! You write your blog! Thanks for allowing us to travel with you today! Another fun day and I didn't have to leave my chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those guys are big! And yet they seem so easy to handle. I would be a bundle of nerves around them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four handsome young men added to your herd!! Nice to get some new blood into your family! How often do you buy new bulls, how long do you keep the bulls that cover your cows and do you ever use your bulls that are born on your farm to cover your cows or is inbreeding an issue with that? Love how you are taking us along for all of the fun you have on the farm!! OK, fun for us because we don't have to do any of the work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the bulls are very easy going and gentle....most are if they have spent any time around people.
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. We buy new bulls every 2 or 3 years. The bulls go in with the mother cows in May and we take them out in August. No, we don't raise bulls. All of our bull calves are banded at birth and are steers.
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your video of purchases your four Bulls.
    You did a great job on the hexigans while you travelled. Have you ever been to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt show.? That is on my list to do when we do the Oregan coast. Must remember it is 2nd week of July.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Ally,

    I just love the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show…..I think I have attended nearly 20 times. If you go to the Quilt Show office at 6am, the day of the show, you can volunteer to hang the quilts….it is great FUN! One year I hung Kaffee Fassette’s quilts. While I was hanging them, he walked up behind me (I was up on a ladder) and said, “you are doing a great job!” I turned around and said, “hey, I know you!” I climbed down off the ladder and grabbed my camera and now have a photo of Kaffee and I with his quilts. Great quilt show memories.

    Many Thanks for your comments,
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete