Friday, May 5, 2017

Whole Cloth....Border Quilting



I am nearly done with the quilting on 

my little whole cloth quilt...



I have decided to stitch 

triple lines in the border area...






I want the lines to be super straight so...






I will stitch the lines using ruler work...






I put a ruler foot on my Bernina...






I am using a little arc ruler...






The ruler got the job done in short order!




I dipped the mini quilt in water to 

remove the blue pen markings:


I set it out in the sunshine to dry...






It needs a binding, hanging sleeve and label.

16 inches square




Ralph continues to enjoy his new comfort quilt...






Wherever I lay it down on the floor,

Ralph goes right over and takes a nap on it...











I think Ralph appreciates every stitch 

that went into it!



I had a positive experience creating my

very first whole cloth quilt,

so I have started designing a larger whole cloth.

More to Come...





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,


LuAnn Kessi

4 comments:

Cindie said...

It's incredible. I'm just starting to learn how to free motion stitch, lots of practice ahead.

ferne said...

You should be very proud it is so pretty!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful quilting

Vicki W said...

Absolutely beautiful!